Pages

Saturday 30 November 2013

"The Tejpal effect"



#butterflyeffect

Theory that everything matters. That even the flutter of a butterfly's wings can cause a hurricane on the otherside of the world. If you change even the smallest of life's details, you completely change its outcome.
(Source: urbandictionary.com)

#tejpaleffect

Seated in the middle seat of a flight a few days ago, the man on my left nudged his elbows into me more than 7 times. After which I politely asked him to keep to his seat. A mumbled "I am sorry" is a response I would have expected. Instead he held both his hands up in the air with a fearful expression on his face. Almost saying 'I haven't done anything." A very unexpected reaction I thought to myself.
I see this effect continuing in the future and more women coming out and speaking about injustices done to them and men more cautious about their actions.


#spiritualeffect

However this is not about feminism at all. In the larger picture this is about the humankind in general. As a Sahaj Samadhi meditation teacher I bring the #butterflyeffect up in my courses all the time. If something as small as the flapping of a butterfly's wings in one part of the world can create a typhoon in another part, imagine what responsibility we hold with our words and actions! Spiritual practices like these smoothen our communication. It turns a reaction into a response, a frown into a smile that goes on to multiply more than a thousand fold.
The effect: Men and women with deeper human values and respect for everyone and everything on this planet.

#experienceit


No comments:

Post a Comment